Pages

Friday, April 01, 2011

Rebuilding Japan - Not Just a Dream

In my previous blog I shared some pics of the widespread devastation caused in Japan by the Earthquake and Tsunami. I had also written about my strong belief that Japan will rise from the crisis quickly. It is not just a hope or a dream. Knowing the Japanese willpower to emerge from crisis situations and their never say die attitude, this is a reality.

When a friend sent me pictures showing the speed at which rebuilding was in progress, I was out of words. I am sharing the pictures through my blog so that people outside Japan can also see what makes the nation survive and emerge a winner each time they have a national crisis.

For instance, this particular stretch of road is on the expressway near Naka (Hitachi city) in Ibaraki Prefecture. This road connects Tokyo to northern Japan.
The picture below shows the extent of damage caused to one of the expressways during the earthquake on March 11th.
The next set of pictures shows the different phases during the reconstruction period of 6 days !

Unbelievable as it may sound, the repair work had not begun till  March 17th but the road was back to motorable condition on  March 23rd. As you can see in the next picture, there is no trace of the damaged road.
Hats off to NEXCO who developed it and now reconstructed it.

Ganbatte Japan !

No comments:

Post a Comment